Monday, March 02, 2015
Sunday, March 01, 2015
The ElastiCube Manager enables easy and quick access to Splunk. The steps below detail how to connect to this type of data source.
- Click Add data in the top menu of the ElastiCube Manager.
- Under the Database Servers category, select Splunk.
- You will be prompted to enter the following information:
- Database server location: Enter the computer/server IP address which holds the Splunk instance.
- Select either Windows Authentication if configured with the database or alternatively, Use the Following User Name & Password, and enter the database credentials.
- Click Connect to Server.
A list of available Splunk instances will appear in the list box below.
- Select the relevant Splunk instance you want to work with and click OK.
All saved searches associated with the Splunk instance will appear in a new window.
To preview data contained in a particular Splunk search, highlight the search in the list and in click in the Preview pane. To preview the search, select the Preview checkbox.
- Select the checkbox next to each table or view you want to use.
Fields with similar names can be linked by selecting the Automatically create relationships for fields with the same name checkbox.
- Once all relevant tables are selected, click Add.